Tuesday, December 10, 2013

housewarming presents for the foodie.

This coming weekend I'm throwing my annual holiday party which mean's I've been thinking a lot about cookies to make (because I always go a little cookie crazy for the party) and hostess gifts (because everyone keeps asking me what to bring to the soiree).  My default suggestion when that question is asked is always alcohol mostly because I hate being left in charge of trying to figure out what people want to drink (I have to focus all my attention on the food!). But the more I pondered it, the more I realized that there are some items I wouldn't mind being given.  So below are a few of my favorite unique hostess gifts for the foodie and all things I wouldn't mind receiving.  




Short-stack Edition's Cookbooks - These are cookbooks that cater to a single ingredient.  I am obsessed with their quirky covers, their seasonality, and the fact that they have such wonderfully unique recipes.  

Big Spoon Roasters Nut Butters - Word on the street this is the nut butters dreams are made of.  I'm looking forward to endless peanut butter and banana sandwiches. 

Mike's Hot Honey - My absolutely favorite condiment.  I put this on roasted vegetables, on pizza (A la Paulie Gee's), on avocado toast, on ricotta toast, on grilled cheese...this list goes on.  At the end of the day this is utterly versatile and there is nothing you wont love it on.  

Noble Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup - For lazy weekend breakfasts.  I am dreaming of pouring this over french toast, or pumpkin oatmeal, or ricotta pancakes.  I wouldn't mind using this in savory applications as well.  Like drizzled on roasted vegetables...

Fregola - The new ingredient (or at least new to me ingredient). I am envisioning a lot of winter salads of this, kale, and shaved pecorino.  The packaging is utterly Italian which kills me.

The Snacker by Liddabit Sweets - I'm not opposed to being given any of the Liddabit Sweet's candy bars but if I had to pick just one it would be the Snacker.  This is the kind of thing you can never rationalize buying yourself but if someone brings it for you, no complaints from me. 

If all else fails you can always bring a succulent!  A nice alternative to the standard flowers and a succulent lasts a lot longer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment