Tuesday, March 26, 2013

spring light.

I noticed the light a lot today.  The way it streamed through the windows as I got dressed this morning.  The way it reflected off the Freedom Towers on my walk home.  The way I saw the last rays of light create beams of white across my slate counter top as I arrived home in my apartment.  It isn't until the days get longer that I begin to notice the bright light - it's like being awoken after a long winter slumber.  

The April issue of Bon Appetit arrived in my mailbox yesterday and it's filled with all the beautiful spring things I've been dreaming about, namely peas and asparagus.  I keep having visions of myself standing barefoot in a white tee shirt and worn in jeans rolling out pizza dough for shaved asparagus pizza and noshing on an appetizer of smashed pea crostini as the late afternoon light illuminates my kitchen.  Spring (and spring produce) can't come soon enough. 























Image via Pinterest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment