Tuesday, August 12, 2014

corn on the cob with miso-honey butter.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is no food more quintessentially summer then corn on the cob (especially corn on the cob dripping in salted butter).

(I will give you 5 minutes to try and think of another.  I guarantee you will loose this game.)

But corn on the cob with plain old butter is old news.  There is a new preparation in town that is even better.

Miso-honey butter.
(Yes, you read that right.)

Miso is my addiction.  It makes everything better.  Something about that salty bite and it's umami flavor is un-paralleled.  It elevates everything it comes into contact with.  And when it comes into contact with corn?  The flavor has me practically weeping.  Here I mix softened butter with just enough miso to provide a nice salty bite. The addition of honey (in particular Mike's Hot Honey which in addition to miso is my other addiction) provides the perfect hint of sweetness and spice.  Slathered on hot corn?   There is nothing better. (This is my new summer staple.)



Miso-Honey Butter

Makes a generous 2 tablespoons of butter.  

2 tablespoons softened butter
2 teaspoons white miso
1 1/2 teaspoons Mikes Hot Honey (or use regular honey and the smallest pinch of cayenne)

In a small bowl mix butter, miso, honey until combined.  

Slather on anything and everything (especially grilled corn).  

Can be stored in the fridge for many days if need be.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment