Thursday, November 7, 2013

indoor picnic.

I love picnics.  

When I was a kid, my parents would on occasion serve us dinner picnic style on the floor of the kitchen.  It was a rare occurrence but one that I loved.  The whole thing was casual and thrown together and it felt scandalous and thrilling to my 9 year old self.  We would eat deli sandwiches (ham and cheese for me please), pickles from the jar, ridged potato chips, and grapes to round out the meal. Dessert would consist of perfectly crisp chocolate chip cookies made by my mom.  It was dinner perfection.

This picture reminded me of the adult version of that meal, slightly more elegant and up-scale.  The kind of thing that would be perfect on a cold Friday night if served with a bottle of red wine.  

I'm envisioning myself doing something like this this weekend with perhaps some tartines (avocado and chicken salad), baked apples, and fudgy espresso brownies for dessert.  

Because sometimes you want to revisit your favorite childhood memories.  






Image via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment