Tuesday, November 28, 2017

all i want for christmas (isn't really much at all).

Image result for apartment therapy christmasHonestly, I have no idea where 2017 went and how it's Holiday time again.   My aversion towards things continues unless it's vintage or practical.   I can't believe how much Tyler has rubbed off on me.   

But, after a year that has been stressful and at moment downright scary, it's kind of nice to spend a little bit of time looking at completely beautiful things that deserve a place in our home.   So here is the list of things Caitlin would like to see under the tree.   Some are practical, some are silly, all of them make me happy.  And couldn't we all use a little happiness?    

Also - all of them support small companies doing new/cool different things which I always feel is important (minus AirBnb but AirBnb does support individuals turing their home into way to make money so I think that's OK).  

1 - A Wooden Matchbox - I've been on a bit of candle kick since moving into our new place.  I like how good they make our apartment smell and how they make everything feel cozy.  We have an ugly plastic lighter for lighting them and I can't stand seeing it on the mantle.  SO, as a replacement, I want this little wooden box for matches.  It's pretty, it's practical, and it works with our color scheme.   In zebrawood or maple please.   

2 - More Wool Socks - I love wearing thick wool socks around our apartment.  I've worn down several pairs that I currently own and am therefore always looking for new ones.  These are adorable.  I'll take any and all colors.    

3 - This Wine (or any of their Ancestral ones) - I had this wine at a tasting and couldn't get it out of my head.   I bought a bottle and then I couldn't find it again.   Tyler and I love it so much - it has a funky kombucha like taste to it.   

4 - Any of these Sculptural Earrings - It took 32 years and I finally got my style (kind of) down.  High-waisted pants, simple top, and sculptural earrings in gold.   I love the fluid earrings  and the cavernous studs that look like little pieces of crumpled paper.   

5 - Airbnb gift cards - Travel is pretty much all Tyler and I can agree to spend money on Airbnb gift cards are basically our favorite thing.   

6 - This Almond Butter - Yes, it is expensive for peanut butter/almond butter but it's the best of the best.  Especially when you eat it with homemade apple butter.   

7 - A lot of bags of Rancho Gordo Cranberry Beans - These are the best beans for soups and beans on toast.   I just finished my latest bag so more of them will make me very happy.   

8 - A Work Tote not in Black!  - My go-to work tote is by Cuyana.  It's big, its light-wight and it's good looking.  I've been wanting to get a second one in a camel color since mixing up my all-black look isn't a bad idea.   This one in camel with a navy lining (or blush lining) is EVERYTHING I want.   Someone please get this for me.  I could also use a new wallet (also in camel).   

9 - Mittens - Because I walk to work everyday and it is cold in the winter.  These are my ideal mittens.  Camel color and ribbed.   

And to end this list.  Charity donations.  I donate monthly to the ACLU.  We've been also donating to a lot of the groups involved in the Hurricane relief for Texas and Puerto Rico.   

1 comment: