Thursday, February 12, 2015

inna jam - a review.

Now that I've been sick with the flu for the better part of 4 days, I have found myself considerable nauseated by certain foods.   Actually, I have found myself nauseated by almost all foods with the exception of toast.  Toast. Glorious toast.  Toast covered in butter and jam and a smidgen of sea salt. 

Is there a food more perfect?   

But toast is only as good as the sum of its parts which means the best butter, bread, and jam is required.  If you aren't up for making you're own bread (though I really think you should), you can find some pretty killer loaves at your neighborhood bakery (at this moment I wish I lived next door to High Street on Market so I could eat this loaf of Roasted Potato Bread every single day).  We now live in a world where high-end European-style butter can be found in almost any supermarket (woo!). So now the only thing we still need to procure is quality jam.  

Over the last couple of years, I've started making a lot of jam.  It's fun, it's easy, and it tastes a hell of a lot better then most of the jam in the supermarket.  But there comes a time (usually in December) when I run out of the homemade stuff and I start to hunt for some good packaged jam.  Usually these searches proved fruitless, but this year the tides turned.  

I bought some INNA jam when Tyler and I were out in California.  I had read about them and figured their positive reviews warranted a couple of jars a spot in my suitcase.  This proved to be an excellent decision.  This jam is KILLER mostly because it actually tastes LIKE ACTUAL FRUIT.  Not sugar but fruit! (A novel concept I know.) And not just any fruit but freshly picked, perfectly ripe fruit.  It's a revelation especially when you are so used to the world of cloyingly sweet jams.  

I may have purchased 6 years of the stuff just last week (the more you buy the cheaper the shipping is per jar!) and while some people may think such a thing is crazy, I personally find it rather sane (purchasing 10 pounds of oats on the other hand...).  I've already dipped into the Plenty Spicy Jalapeno (insane on a turkey sandwich) and the Seascape Strawberry (makes for one dreamy peanut butter and jelly) and have several more to try (once I finish the open ones as per Tyler's rules).   

Toast has never tasted had it so good.   

INNA Jam can be purchased here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment