Monday, July 9, 2012

new amsterdam market (and lots of ice cream!).

Tyler and I spent Sunday at The New Amsterdam Market eating our way through all of the ice cold offerings (and we had a couple of tacos as well).  If you haven't been to the New Amsterdam I highly suggest stopping by some Sunday.  There is a ton of local food purveyors selling everything from produce, to artisan cheeses and breads, and ice cream/ice pops galore!  It's a nice way to spend the day outside and a lovely way to fill up your belly.  





























1, 2 - The Bent Spoon Ice Cream: Ricotta and Berry Lemon Basil - Hands down the best ice cream ever (and I have had a lot of ice cream).  The shop is located in Princeton, NJ and it's worth the drive and if you do go please feel free to bring me some on your way back.
3 - Milk Shaved Ice with Mango and Toasted Coconut - This was my first time having this and it was incredibly delicious and refreshing.  The shaved ice has a subtle sweetness to it which I loved.  The coconut gave a great texture to the whole dish and you can never go wrong with mango.  

No comments:

Post a Comment