Monday, November 24, 2014

married.

Guys, I'm married. (?!?)

The wedding.  The wedding was everything and so much more.  I don't know how we lucked out the way we did. How the day managed to go so flawlessly. Tyler says it's because I am an incredible planner, I personally think it was sheer dumb luck (and the fact that we hired some pretty awesome people) but I'll take the compliment.  Having people tell us the wedding was the coolest they've ever been to and how thankful they were to be part of the day, watching my friends and family dance all night under bistro lights, reading out loud the words I had spent 8 months crafting (and was still crafting the day before) was one of those incredibly once in a lifetime experiences.  The whole thing still feels like a dream.  I don't know if it will ever feel real.  (I do know I am still in possession of a tea-length tulle-skirt and I plan on wearing it around the apartment just because.)

I've had a lot of thoughts about all of this but I'm not sure how to articulate any of it because I still haven't grasped what has happened.  I do know that I get giddy when I look over at Tyler's hand and catch sight of his wedding band - a reminder of the fact that this actually happened.  

So what did I learn from all of this?  I learned that when you decide to devote 11 months of your life and a significant chunk of your money to planning a party that you should do exactly what you want.  So if you want to elope, do it.  If you want to have a doughnut bar, that's awesome.  Everyone says a wedding is for everyone else and that is definitely true but if you're doing the work make it a day that you will look back on with love. People will understand and if they don't who cares!  Just be happy.  

So I'm married and I'm pretty freaking excited about that.  I am also pretty freaking excited that wedding planning is over and that my life can return to a normal state - one that involves lots of cooking, reading, and all around winter hibernating with my new husband.    

Photo courtesy of Sarah and Daniel at Chellise Michael.  AKA the best wedding photographers ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment